Monday, June 04, 2007

Sunday

Sunday was a bit of a stressful day. I got to work and had basically 4 completely full classes (4 people in each), so that's a little overwhelming since on sundays our breaks are a little shorter, and there are so many teachers so it's hard to plan classes and evaluate students. This is especially hard when you have a G level class because usually they take a little more preparation because the students have often taken each class maybe up to 6 or 7 or 8 times, so they get bored easily and we always have to think up new ideas.

But I got through my morning and it went fast due to busyness so that was nice.

I can't really remember any details from throughout the day, but afterwards everyone met up and we held our final Gak Chill. It was quite the evening. We went to Karakaja and they hated us as usual (we had 14 people), but they gave us the huge room with the dancing booth which was awesome. But of course our machine broke once and I think we got like 5 mic replacements because they kept giving us duds. But all that aside, the night was great. The hit song was 'Don't Go Away' by Oasis which was sung to Gillian Mike and I by Mark, Chase, Darcy and Kiki who were on their knees. It was really sweet and thoughtful. We also sang the regular songs like Journey's Don't Stop Believin and well...there are tons others. Some Mariah Carey and tons of the Beatles (in my life, sgt peppers - 40 year anniversary, little help from my friends) and more Oasis (champagne supernova) and Bloc Party, Sarah McLachlan, Blur and Meatloaf ( i know i know) and Queen, Madonna and Kelly Clarkson, A Whole New World from Aladdin and Smashing Pumpkins (tonight tonight), The Strokes (last night) and Franz Ferdinand and tons of others...

It was a solid night and it was hard to seek Gak Chill end, but all good things end I guess. I will miss you guys and thanks to everyone who came out, your names are listed below...

mark, mike, gillian, kiki, monica, manu, sachiko, darcy, darcy's mom, hiroki, matthew, chase, miyume...Gak Chill Sayonara 2007.

No comments: