Today was the best Monday ever.
Usually Monday's are already great, because Mike, Mark and I work the exact same shift, but this monday was especially amazing because Sachiko gave the three of us the same break. :)
So Mark Mike and I worked from 1:20 - 9, and we had early break together and we went to the fancy Italian place in Gakuemmae Station. We each got a pizza. Me the Margherita (in Japan that is the name for a plain pizza...weird I know), Mark the Carbonara, and Mike this Broccoli Meat Pizza. I liked Mike's the best and Mark liked mine the best, and Mike would eat anything, so we all ate off eachother's plates. It was really good.
I want to mention that there was this lady sitting across from us doing these really weird actions though and it really scared me quite frankly, but I just decided she was doing some type of therapeutic healing thing or something. When I asked Mike to look she had stopped.
After early break I was feeling rather sick because I had gone on a run in the morning and I think I was just incredibly dehydrated. But I got through the day with one free class and I also taught Hikari (which was a little trying a times - Hikari's a senior kid, man to man) and I also taught Kanami who is this super smart high school girl who I gave a level up to maybe a month ago. She's really cool and hates using the textbook so we usually just talk the whole time about music or travelling or her grades or school or stuff. I will miss her tons.
The coolest part thought - oh I should mention that it was Mike's last monday too because we're both going to vietnam and we're both not coming back to work after the trip, so it was cool we both were going through all this together - but Mike's second last class was with Takayuki, this maybe late 40 year old man, level E. Anyway, Mike had him second to last and I had him last class, and we both decided to level him up as a goodbye gift. He's a super cool guy and I've seen him go through two levels since I started at Nova. We had a great lesson, mostly just free talking - I taught him all about Muskoka Woods and how the company works - and we reminisced about past vacations (we did the reminiscing class). It was a great class to end the day on and he was so happy to have received a level up. I'm so proud of him and I hope he passes the test. I told him that when I come back to Japan in a few years, he'd better be in G. (G is the last and highest level).
So yes, those are the highlights of my day. It was quite a successful day in the end. I will miss Monday's and all they entailed. I will miss sometimes going out with Mark and Mike for coffee or cake after a Monday shift, and especially the train ride home where we laugh about events from the day or just listen to music.
Bye bye Monday...
Monday, June 04, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Don't forget taking pictures with Saki and Hikari..and then getting Mark to take some too.
Mikey Chan
Hi Megan, I went to the same Italian restaurnt yesterday too.
As I felt a little hungry after I went around Fushimiinari with my friend who also leaves Japan soon.
I'll miss all of you.
I am going to Nova to see you and Mike today.
See you soon.
Tatu.
Tatsuko!
It was nice to teach you today, but sad it was the last time. You are definitely one of my favourite students. Maybe because you are chatty and talkative and always have wonderful things to say. It's always so nice to hear more about your life.
I'm glad i'll get to see you again for I leave. Thanks for all the great times in class.
Megan
Post a Comment