Today was good.
I woke up and went to Japanese class for the last time which was sad. When I got to OCAT, Naru-San, my teacher was there and she invited me to lunch with her daughter! It was great. Her daughter's name is Yui, and she's 21. She's really cool, I wish I met her earlier. Anyway, Naru-San and I had a wonderful final class. I will miss her for sure. But we exchanged email addresses, so we will talk and I think she will come to Canada. She likes to travel.
She actually gave me a wonderful gift. She gave me this book of Japanese onomatopoeic expressions. It's ultra cool. For example the first one is 'Atsu Atsu' which is what a Japanese person might say when describing something that looks piping hot or a couple who are head over heels in love. There are about 200 of them. It's pretty interesting. And she also gave me a book on Origami which i've been wanting since being in Japan. She gave me extra origami paper too which is so cool. :) It's like she just knew what I wanted.
Then I got to work and they were playing the karaoke compilation that Mark made of all the songs we sing at Gak Chill. It was great and everysong brought special memories. They also had a U2 album in the player and I haven't listened to U2 for a while, so that was great too.
Work went fast, and I said bye to a lot of people. It was Mike's last day today so he said bye to more people maybe. It was a hard day with regards to that, but the special students we will keep in touch with. I taught Akari for the last time, one of the man to man kids. I didn't bother telling her I was leaving though, I forgot how to say it in Japanese and it's just too sad anyway.
Tonight I've just been packing for Cambodia and organizing my Sayonara parties and making plans. It's pretty crazy, I'm going to be so busy over the next say 12 days. Well, basically for the next 2 weeks. So much change. I'm starting to get a little overwhelmed. So many final things and final goodbyes and official changes and life-making decisions. How can one person handle it all!
I miss everyone and everything.
Tuesday, June 05, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I also feel that if I can speak English better, then I could communicate with you more.
Yumiko
Have a good trip Megan !
I'm looking forward to catching up with you guys soon.
Say hello to Matt, please.
Tatsu.
Post a Comment