Friday, June 01, 2007

My last week starts in a few minutes...

So right now it's the end to my weekend before my last week at work. I will try and blog each night before bed to tell you about my days, and any exciting events.

I can't quite believe how fast it's approaching. I just had one of my first full weekends in a long time, and I made the most of it. Yesterday we went to Himeji Castle, also known as The White Crane. It's one of the only castles that has so much of it intact, like the outside grounds and other structures are all still there (of course having been rebuilt), but it's quite huge. It's really tall, taller than Nijo (Kyoto's Castle) and has 6 floors inside. We went all the way up to the top and saw the small shrine where the princess used to go and worship everyday. I wish I could have been a princess with no cares but dressing and worshipping and eating and talking and being in love. :)

We also took a look through Kobe and I saw the memorial for the earthquake victims which was pretty amazing. 6000 people died in the Kobe Earthquake, it was also sad to see some English names on the plaques of people who were on vacation or working.

These days i'm working on souvenir shopping for family and friends, let me say it's hard work. Spend $60 on socks the other day, as presents. ;) Japanese socks are cool though.

I'll keep you updated over these last few days. Man it's going to be hard to leave. I can't believe it's here. To my friends, thanks for the support over these last months and your continued support in these last days.

4 comments:

Sara Murphy said...

Megan I'm so proud of you!

Anonymous said...

Yes, the Himeji jyou is the most beacutiful castle in Japan, I suppose.

I'm glad to know you went to visit
there.
And I spent a lot of time in Kobe when I was younger, which was my good old days.
Tatsu.

Anonymous said...

I have been to Himeji-jo too.
It's very beautiful!

I surprised that there is no UNI-QLO shop in Canada!
I hope you can get many UNI-OLO shirts before you leave Japan and come back to here to get them soon.
(It's joke! I only hope I would like to see you again after you leave Japan!)

Anonymous said...

↑This is Yumiko!