So I'm back in Canada.
There is so much that has happened in the last 10 days, but I feel that I have to blog right now with how i'm feeling because maybe this feeling won't last, but it's so important to me.
I woke up just now for the first time again in Canada. And i'm so sad. Of course i'm so happy to be home, and i'm so excited to see everybody, but all I can think about is my old life in Japan and all my friends and what i'd be doing right now if I were back home there. My life there was so simple and straightforward, so independent and so easily controlled. Everything like that has changed now.
I woke up and instantly missed my friends so bad. Logging into my email led to crying lots. All of the emails were so honest and sincere and loving, and I could totally feel what my friends were saying. I don't want it to be like this! I want to go back!
But I'm just remembering what Mark said to me the night before i left. He said: Megan, it's okay. We (english teacher's) can't stay in Japan forever. It's fun, it's another world for a while, but it has to end sometime. Our futures aren't here. We have to move on at some point. But of course our fun doesn't end here. We'll all see eachother again, and we have made friends for a lifetime.
I just have to remember those words, because I know they're completely 100% accurate.
Thanks Mark.
Monday, June 18, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
I'm glad to know you got home safely.
And I had felt Mark was one of your best friends in Japan.
Actually one of my best friends will also leave for Australia soon, which made me sad. But I know I should not cry but I wish he'll be fine in his country. Megan, we can keep in touch with our friends forever !
Oh Meg. I'm sad that it has to be like it is. But it does, doesn't it. And it's okay.
love you.
You know our friends Jeff and Kathy. You may find that their experience over the last year or so will be helpful. I'll give you two links.
The first, from May when they just got back:
http://epps-in-japan.blogspot.com/2006/05/back-in-canada.html
The second, from September when life was beginning to settle in:
http://epps-in-japan.blogspot.com/2006/09/reality-bites.html
Just thought I'd try.
We share same sun and moon!
I think of you all time.
And maybe next February, I'm going to Toront.
See you soon!
Yumiko
Hi friend,
I love you much and totally wish it didn't have to be like this for you. Maybe it will be better once at MW with a fuller schedule and more regular days.
SOOOO phenom to see you last night. I loved all the pics and vids too even if there WERE thousands :)
<3
hannie
Post a Comment