Thursday, June 07, 2007

Thursday

What a day. And it made for an even stranger night.

So today was officially my first day of vacation I guess. It started with an appointment with my esthetican Raddi at 10am. I am now officially prepared for the swimsuit season! It was nice to see Raddi again and we had a few laughs.

Then I met up with Mark again beacuse we had to get Malaria tablets. Boy oh boy was that frustrating. We went to the information place that Mark always goes to and we just asked for information on the doctors in the area. It took us quite a while and the ladies were kinda of freaking out over where would be open (sometimes they're a little TOO helpful) and it was all so overwhelming. We left half an hour later learning that so many of the places were closed and having no real leads on doctors in the area. We didn't even really talk about it or think about it further. It shouldn't be a problem though because there isn't Malaria in the main cities and we're going for such a short time anyway.

After that I had to get a few things for the trip and I got my sisters WICKED presents that I just stumbled across. That made me quite happy.

Then I had an enjoyable time trying to pack a box to send home so I have enough room in my suitcases for my trip home. I was pretty successful and it wasn't too expensive either. It will go by ship home and will take approximately a month. I just hope I still have room to take everything else home. I've bought a few pairs of shoes since being here. ;)

Then a bunch of us met up at 5 at Mark's place to all exchange our pictures and some music too. Me, Mike, Mark, Kiki, and Kiki's brother, Hiro were there. It was a fun time and we looked at some video footage Mike had taken over the 10 months. Pretty funny. We all had a big plan to go out for dinner and then to a Martini Bar and then to my favourite club to dance for just a little bit.

So we first went to El Pancho's for dinner. It's this cute and romantic Mexican place in Shinsaibashi. We had quesadillas and tacos and fajitas. Mmmmmmm. It was so yummy. Then we planned to do print club for one last time so we headed there.

The night doesn't end there, but i'm going to stop writing for a few reasons. Tiredness is one of them. It was a really great night though meeting Hiro and talking a bit of Japanese with him and just hanging out. He's a really cool guy for sure. I will miss Kiki and all the adventures we have when we're together. She'll be one of the hardest to say goodbye to.

Anyway, we leave for Cambodia at 11am tomorrow morning, gotta get up at 6:30. Thinking of you all at home and I can't believe i'll be home in basically a week and a few days. How is that possible!

I'll be away for the week, but sure to update the blog soon after. Not sure if i'll have much time on the computer between getting back and flying home though!

Until Next Time!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

How was your trip ?

I believe you had a lot of good time.

See you later.

tatu.

Anonymous said...

I heard from Allison that you arrived at Cambojia safly.

Have a nice travel!!

Yumiko