Hello All,
So, It's been a while, but things here are camp are just beginning to fall into a routine, so i'll be able to post more hopefully. Anyway, I wanted to post some thoughts even though i'm so behind.
The first thought is: WHY is it so cold in July????!!!!! My weather forecast says right now in Parry Sound it's 9 degrees. In July?!!! I have my heating on in my room at camp for goodness sake. What is this!!!!
The second thought is that I love my job. I really do. I'm working on a team with Steph, Cathy, and Heidi, and it's great. Just absolutely a blast. The parents this year are happy and easy to talk to, and I have my own desk and new email address. It's just great.
My living situation couldn't be better either. I'm living with my friend Lori in the coolest room (or so I think) on property. I'll have stories or exciting things to share about that later i'm sure.
But I should make it known that I still really do miss Japan. I miss the heat. ;) I miss my friends, and chilling with them or going out or going shopping or just living the life I had in Japan. I miss cooking in the ridiculously small kitchen, and hanging out my laundry on the balcony. Better yet, seeing the mountains from my balcony. I miss day trips and long train rides, and seeing such amazing new things. I miss being a gaijin. I miss walking around Namba and seeing the Hosts or girls so crazily dressed.
I miss so much more, but I know i'll go back there one day.
Monday, July 02, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
Hi Megan, Is it cold there ? It's so humid and hot here that I feel like moving there. :))
I miss your giggling because I
liked you doing it.
I'm glad you started working in good mood.
Actually I'm going to be a student of a water painting class tomorrow. *) Tatsu.
Anyway I am happy that I read your dialy, because you look fine!
If you don't mind, please tell me your new adress by email!
I have lots of thing I want know about Tronto.
See you!
Yumiko
Sup, Meg!
I love the cold. Even if it means shivering all night because we forgot to bring enough blankets when we went camping this past weekend. It's still so refreshing. But obviously not great for your campers doing water sports and games and stuff. Anyways, have a great time doing what you do and we'll see you soon.
Meg,
I know you miss Japan, and I'm sure it misses you, but I sure am glad you are here:)
xo
Steph
It's freezing! We went to the beach today...the water was like 0 degrees.
Hey! Have fun at camp....thats funny that it's so cold out there it's been in the 30s here which is weird for us.
Post a Comment