Saturday, April 28, 2007

しんばし どり - Shinbashi Dori


This is Shinbashi Dori, in Gion, the geisha district in Kyoto. This is a very old and traditional street in Japan where the geisha still live today.

After Nara for 4 days, we spent 5 days in Kyoto. There is just so much to see and explore in Kyoto that I wanted to allow a lot of time.

Also in Kyoto we visited Kiyomizu Temple, Kinkakuji (Golden) Temple, Nijo Castle, Kyoto Station, Funaoka Onsen, The Botanical Gardens, The Museum of Traditional Crafts, The Museum of Modern Art, Fushimi Inari, and Byodoin. It was a wonderful time, despite getting a sore throat at the end. I'm confident Mom and Dad had a good time!

Thanks Mom and Dad for coming to visit and taking such in interest in my life here in Japan. It really was great to have someone to share it with from Canada. I'll see you in a number of weeks.

No comments: