Monday, March 26, 2007

All For An 'Adventure'

Last night was pretty crazy. But not only crazy...disappointing at times and for the most part, very TRYING.

We went out after work because it was Sunday night, and we always go out Sunday nights.

We went to Saidaiji for Indian which was a delight!! I had the Butter Chicken and Naan of course.

Then we went bowling. I bowled a 40. The start to the disappointment. Also, it was just hard to co-ordinate things because there were so many people there, and no one was really being assertive.

So then after bowling maybe the worst game of my life, we went to take the train home, but realized that we'd MISSED THE LAST TRAIN to Namba. Disappointment #2.

At this point we realize we can take the train as far as Higashi Hanazono. This is approximately halfway between Saidaiji and Tsuruhashi (home). Of course anyone in their right mind would do that and then take a taxi. There were three of us; Mark, Chase, and I, so it wouldn't be too expensive. But noooooooooo. Mark dreams up the bright idea that we should walk. All for an 'adventure'.

And so I didn't mention that I was wearing 3 inch heels.

Luckily we made it to an AM/PM (conveny) and Mark bought me 3 pairs of socks and chocolate with peanuts to shut me up. From here I walked home from basically the outskirts of Osaka in socks...which we later called 'sock shoes'. 2 and a half hours. Total piggy-back time being around 4 minutes, if that.

A night to remember for sure.

No comments: