Wednesday, February 07, 2007

Who Would Have Thought

Yesterday was a day in Japan I will never forget. Who would have thought that doing something so normal would have been so very special!

Yesterday after work, Kiki picked me and Mark up in her car (SUV) and took us to the movies. Yes, that's right. A) I was a passenger in a car, and B) I went to the movies!!!!!!!!

As we were driving, Mark and I couldn't get over what was going
on. It was just so strange to be in Japan and in a car, let alone going to the movies. It felt like I was in Canada with friends again. It actually made me sad for a bit.

How could something so natural feel so weird?!!!

Let me tell you about the movies. Ladies night is Wednesday where we only pay 1000 yen. In Japan it's basically the same, except the seats are assigned. We went to see The Pursuit of

Happiness, and it was really good. Since it's pretty new, I won't say anything more. After the movie we went to Marks neighbourhood and met up with Mike and Gillian for Pizza. It was absolutely fabulous food.

I will never forget this day in Japan, and a huge thanks to Kiki who made it all possible. :)

1 comment:

Hannah Marie said...

this post made me miss you and I may or may not have teary eyes right now!