Wednesday, December 20, 2006

Miss You Etty

So I got some news today from Canada. My Aunt Etty died yesterday. She died of T-cell lymphoma, the fast path. I think maybe her white blood cell count was super low and her lymph nodes couldn't help clean out her blood. (I'm really not sure)

Anyway, she was 53 and died pretty suddenly. The funeral is tomorrow and of course it's hard for me to go through all this across the world. Not only is it Christmas, but i'll never see my aunt again...

I think back about when just before I left for Japan Etty called me to wish me farewell. We had a chat and hung up the phone and immediately she called back. She had forgotten to tell me she loved me, and she wanted me to be sure I knew that... I'm so glad that she just made that little effort to tell me that.

Your prayers are appreciated...

1 comment:

Hannah Marie said...

my love to you muggie!!