Well, I want to go back a couple weeks to Christmas.
My first Christmas away from home was a very nice one. Of course I missed my family and friends and just being in Canada, but really I got to do a lot of great things here in Osaka.
On December 23rd, I met up with my friend Mayumi after work. I went to her church which is called J-House. It's so cool...I can't go every week though because I work on sundays. But, both times I've been I've been blown away by the number of young Japanese Christians there...it's just really amazing. Anyway, on that night, I was supposed to go to her Christmas concert, but I arrived just as it was ending...we got the times messed up. It was okay though because afterwards I met lots of new people! Although I haven't seen them since that night.
After mingling, Mayumi and I went for a walk in Umeda down by the river where there was a beautiful lit path. After that we got coffee and talked all night at the church. You see, her church is a 5 storey building where there are floors for boys and girls to live when volunteering there. It's a whole huge operation and really reminds me of home and being in a church community. I can't say I have that with OIC (my church here, because its so small), but it's nice to experience it once in a while at J-House.
So we slept over until December 24th! It was just Mayumi and I in a room, so fun...I hadn't had a girly sleepover in a while. I got the 24th off from work and we went to church and then had tea and coffee with her friends there. I must admit that by the end it was getting hard for me to be around japanese conversation all the time, but i guess it's just something to get used to. It can just be overwhelming and frustrating at times. I feel bad for Mayumi because she wants to translate all the time, but of course it's just not feasible.
Anyway, that was my Christmas Eve!! It was so very nice to get to go to church. Definitely a Christmas Eve to remember for a long time.
Monday, January 08, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment