Monday, January 23, 2006

Stepping OUT Spectically


Deciding to take a step out of the box has left me sitting on the fence for the last week. Initially it was sketch, but getting a better feeling for popular opinion and my own confidence has changed my mind. Aside from my eye sight fading, I really just wanted to go for a dramatic personal change. Here's what a few of the people around me had to say about my new and edgy specs.


~ "Well, I wouldn't buy them." ~
-Hannah Carter, Roommate (has good style, but apparently doesn't buy a lot of things her friends do)


~ "Yeah...they're alright, maybe they'll look better with your hair down?" ~
-Silas Pedro, Former Fashion Consultant of a store in Britain

~ "Yeah, they're emo." ~
-Taylor Neill, Friend

~ "They are eccentric, wide too." ~
-Scott Rinkoff, Friend

~ "You look like Dad in the 60's." ~
-Milja Gillespie, Sister

~ "You look like me in the 60's." ~
-Robert Saari, Father (without prior knowledge of the above)

~ "Ya! They're perfect!" ~
-Evan Gillespie, 4 year old nephew

~ "Where's your Bunsen Burner?" ~
-Gerald Gillespie, Brother-In-Law

~ "Oh Meg, they're high fashion!!!!" ~
-Meagan Tutti, Good Friend (very fashion savvy)

~ "They're the best thing in history. Bar None. The best ever ever ever." ~
-Rob Butcher, Friend and Drummer from Shaker (check them out at www.iloveshaker.com)

 Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Justin said...

I knew that there was something different! I couldn't quite put my finger on it because, whenever I wasn't ignoring you (ha!), I couldn't see the front of your face.

They look good from the right side, though :)

~*Trisha*~ said...

Hey Megan,
I think they look wonderful!

James said...

Sorry, I'm undecided, as you know. I'm no fashion consultant, in fact I'm far from it - plainly seen in my choice in clothing. But I would have to agree with Silas... hair down is always better anyways...

Sarah Kivell said...

Hey Megan,

As you know, I didn't think they were the type of glasses that you would pick. However, I really like them on you, and I think you should embrace them completely.

~Sar
http://sarahsrevista.blogspot.com