I would just like to record a 'first' of mine.
This might seem a little 'post'-mature if you will, but I am happy to announce that tonight I planned and made a full meal (mostly) on my own (for the first time).
The menu was as follows (so I have this recorded for years and years to come):
Salad:
-Baby spinach with red peppers, cucumber
-Feta and Oregano dressing.
Main Course:
-Fetuccine Alfredo with 'Tomato and Basil' alfredo sauce and sauteéd vegetables (broccoli, zucchini, green pepper, red pepper) on top (mixed in the sauce).
-Flat Bread that was surprisingly good, rosemary and sesame flavoured
Libation:
-An Inniskillin white Riesling wine, to be a good match with the dinner as recommended by the Manager of the LCBO.
Dessert:
-Chocolate Swirl Cheesecake (from the store)
-Tea
I was so very fulfilled to have shared all of this with friends Chris and Erika. Chris is a formally educated chef, and of course he pretty much fully guided me with the timing and the sort. He cooked the noodles, but honestly...we all know I can cook noodles. :) I'm happy to say they both enjoyed the meal.
I think maybe I like cooking.
Saturday, January 14, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
"-An Inniskillin white Riesling wine"
+10 points for classiness!
Also, did you make the sauce? If you did, how did the tomatoes work with the alfredo? (The only red that I put into my white sauces are red peppers...)
Justin
Post a Comment