This week I went to 2 concerts in 3 days. Both were a fantastic time, let me say. Both were totally different experiences too.
Monday night I went with my 2 sisters to see Sarah McLachlan play at Copps Coliseum. All the women in my family love Sarah and so we thought it would be a fantastic time to chill together and be wow-ed by some incredible talent. The concert was fabulous, Sarah did 2 encores, and played a beautiful collection of songs. My favourite is the love song she wrote to her husband on the latest album, titled Answer. I also really loved the song she opened up with, World on Fire.
Of course to see Ice Cream in concert was a terrific time, especially with a huge crowd singing right along.
Then on Wednesday night, I attended the eagerly awaited Snow Patrol concert over at the Kool Haus. I would have to say that this was one of the best concerts I have attended EVER (aside from waking up with huge brusies on my legs). Mainly because of the band and their music, but also because I got to meet the lead singer, Gary Lightbody, after the show. Props to good old PK who came through with backstage passes - what a great opportunity. Jumping and dancing around with Erika to Punk Rock Progression was probably the best part of the night though. I really really wish we had gone up to the front instead of chilling in the back the whole night, we could have rocked out way more. Oh well, it was a fantastic time anyway. :)
So, that's it on the concert front for a while now. Hopefully I will be able to go to a few in the summer while at camp, but it's hard to say. I guess the next planned one is U2 in September. WOW, that will be indescribable... I will be sure to not drink a lot of vodka, and I might have to
Friday, May 20, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment