Ok, so a while back I asked my readers an important question, "Where does your happiness come from?" I waited and waited for people to pour out their hearts...well not really, I waited for them to respond, and they sure enough did. I enjoyed all the responses, especially hearing from my cousin Margaret who is out in Australia right now for school. :)
Ok, so now for my answer. I didn't do that much research into what other important people had to say about it, but I mostly just thought about it and tried to remember some of the most happiest times in my past.
Of course anyone can come up with a list of things that make them happy...like watching special movies or spending time with special people or eating really good foods. First I will do this and then I might get to the meat-business.
Little things that make me happy that anyday could be taken away from me are (ohhh, such optimism): tea, jacuzzi baths, felicity, tickets to the U2 concert, bed (as in just the physical bed itself and how great it is to lie in it when i'm tired), good friends, shopping, spinach and feta cream cheese, Strubs dill pickles, travelling.
Things that make me happy even when I don't have the above things (a more timeless happiness): knowing God, the sunshine (probably not timeless), a will for change (probably not timeless again), my love for others and the love others show me, a desire to grow and learn(same here).
More importantly, I know that being happy isn't contingent on most of these things at all. I can't categorize happiness, for there would be tons and tons of categories. Being happy comes when you choose to be happy with yourself and what you have and what you know. It's when you decide to love and live life to the fullest. Live life to it's fullest and I think that's where you will find happiness.
I know this might all sound basic and of general knowledge, but honestly, if we all knew this and really believed it, wouldn't everyone be happy all the time? Just a thought to leave you with...
Saturday, May 07, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment