How is it that this weekend exactly mirrors the same weekend a year ago. Quite weird if you ask me.
Ok, fine it might not be the EXACT weekend, but the situations are alike and I think last year it was the last weekend in may and this year it's the second last weekend in may. Let me just tell you.
Ok, so a year ago here is what happened. I was packing up my things, all ready to start a brand new job at Muskoka Woods for the summer. My mom was away for the weekend, singing at a concert in another town, and my dad cancelled his plans to stay home with me. And, for whatever reason (maybe because it was the long weekend), ALL my friends were gone. I mean that's not too big a deal, but it was a little harder for me because I was nervous about the new job and being gone from everyone I knew for the whole summer. I spent the friday night, saturday, and saturday night packing downstairs all by myself. I just remember my dad being there trying to make me happy and comfort me, but it just wasn't working. I just needed a little company to share part of those last few days with before I left for good. And I guess that's what I want this weekend too.
This long weekend pretty much sucks in the same way. My mom's concert is this weekend, so she's gone to Windsor. My sister and her family are gone to the states camping all weekend, and my other sister is working all weekend. ALL of my friends are either camping, up at their friends' cottage for the weekend, out of town, or just busy with their normal lives - working, spending time with family, blah blah.
Anyway, I am home where I'm meant to be, it just sucks. And I can say that right? I mean, I am making it the best I can, but it just sucks. I had one of those nights last night where I went through my whole cell phone AND address book and called everyone I know. All I got was "oh I'm going to a concert", "oh, my boyfriends here", "oh, I'm going out for dinner with friends", or a bloody answering machine. Ugh, I hate that. I mean it's the long freaking weekend and the last weekend before I'm gone to BC and then to camp. I should be having a great time with my friends!!!! I should!!! GOSH.
I guess I'm just really annoyed because I had plans last night and I got ready to go out, and then my friend cancelled on me - for no good reason. Gosh, that just makes me feel so good inside.
I suppose it will be another night of felicity, tea, and chocolate for me. Not too much complaining about that.
You would think I would be excited for BC by now, but this weekend in solitude is killing me. But I guess I'll be in BC before I know it.
Ok, I will seize this weekend to do some good reading. :)
Saturday, May 21, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Way to be independant Megs...
You could of been camping with me and a bunch of couples..heck no you don't!
sorry, Meh, we shot you down on Friday... but Sat, man, you should've called... we just sat around Rose's parents place being bored... and it was my birthday, too. Sort of felt like you, I think. Like something should be happening here, but nothing is. Seriously. Well, anyways, it probably wouldn't have worked out for you to come over or anything. I'm just saying.... what am I saying?
Anyways, enough of me ranting in your space. I suppose if I wanted to do that, I could just get my own blog.
Nay
Post a Comment