Thursday, March 01, 2007

Sayonara Club Flat...

So I have some sad news.

Since I've been in Osaka, a few friends and I have found our favourite little club. It's called Flat, and it's this super dirty, super crappy place with holes in the wooden floors and ripped posters all over the walls, and one bathroom that is so brutally dirty and disgusting. The scent of stale tobacco in there has completely seeped into the walls and floors, I don't think you could ever get it out.

But on random Thursday nights for the past 4 months, it's been our home. Dancing all night until we fall up the stairs to see the sun out at 6 am in America-Mura. Learning random Japanese and meeting gaijin. Slumping on the couch at the back when you feel just a little sick, and requesting random songs that they'll ALWAYS play. Listening to Pounding by Doves and Banquet by Block Party while jumping + twirling around and just being so blissfully happy and carefree. Meeting Nova teachers in line for the bathroom. Sweating so much but not even realizing it at all. Watching little Japanese girls do their fancy leg swinging dances while standing in a line facing the front. Yelling at friends and taking random photos that just never work out. Learning about music. And then finally making the call to go home...

So Flat is closing. :( We will miss all the good times! Luckily, Pat brought his camera and took videos...they'll be posted soon.

No comments: