Tuesday, February 13, 2007

St. Valentine's Day

Happy St. Valentine's Day!!!

So in Japan, things are done a little differently for Valentine's. First, it's called St. Valentine's Day for some reason. Second, St. Valentine's Day is NOT for the girls. It's where the girls buy the boys chocolate. Specifically chocolate...it's not common to buy them anything else.

Then, there's 'White Day' on March 14th where it's the boy's turn to buy the girls chocolate. Kinda weird. Probably just another random commercial holiday that was created by some major chocolate corporation or something.

But you're probably wondering what these flowers are all about in the picture. Well, I'll have you know that Andrew sent me flowers for Valentine's!!!!!!

That's right! He used an internet company and spent the big bucks just so I could be like a regular girl in the West who gets flowers for Valentine's. They are my favourite, white daisies. Also there are yellow tulips in there too, and tulips probably rank right up there with daisies for my favourite flowers. I'm just so thank-ful for them. They are absolutely beautiful. Thanks Andrew.

Hope you all had a nice Valentine's Day!


2 comments:

Unknown said...

Baby, so nice of you to write about the flowers I gave you...although they did cost enough...you are soo worth it!!! :D...Happy Valentine's Day hunny!!!

Your darling,

Andrew

manda panda said...

Oh my heck, could it BE any longer since I've seen you?
I miss you terribly and am so thankful that I noticed your blog on Andrew's facebook page. Sweet! I can finally see what you've been up to in your part of the world!
Take care!! Much love!