So after going to work today and recalling the events of last Wednesday over again, there are a few more things that I would like to mention about our little escapade.
First of all I TOTALLY forgot about the most exciting part of the night. Where's my head at.
Now when Bono came out for his encore, during Mysterious Ways he decided to call up a beautiful lady on stage. I was so happy when he came over to our side of the stage. Now as he reached down for my hand, I had no choice but to be completely honest with him and explain to him that it's better he chose a Japanese woman instead of a regular old North American like myself. Of course he played it wise and took my advice while pulling up the most beautiful Japanese woman in my vicinity.
Welllll, obviously that's a little stretch from the truth, but I WILL have you know that the girl he chose was scarily close to us.
But I was kinda shocked through the whole thing. You see, I have the Elevation - Live in Boston DVD, and he does the same thing in that concert. Everytime I watch it I get the heebie-jeebies because he's just SO CLOSE to this girl. Anyway, I was just as uncomfortable when he did it this time. He danced with her for the end of Mysterious Ways and then got on one knee for With our Without You. Yeah it was all romantic and dreamy, and she played the part well, AND he gave her his Captain's Hat...but it was still just a little weird. I know that I was thinking about the whole thing so much because I totally stopped taking pictures although he was SO CLOSE. Just as they parted and she went back down into the crowd I realized how stupid I was for not taking pics. Oh well...
Part of me is like...whatever, it's just a show, a production and he's working and it's just artsy or something like that...let me know what you think if you have an opinion.
Second of all, I want to mention one more thing.
If you have the opportunity while in Japan to see a concert, I strongly advise you to. First of all, no one is singing really loudly in your ear because they don't actually know the words. Second of all, you can see everything because they're all so short. :)
Saturday, December 02, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Never trust a rock star......
It's all an act.
thanks Chris
Post a Comment