So here is a list of things that i've decided I will probably miss when i leave Japan...thought you all might be interested.
1. custard cakes everywhere...in all convenience stores and subway stands
2. the ridiculously low price of really cool and fashionable shoes
3. being able to get lace on everything
now for a few more important things...
4. the remarkability of convenience stores and how brutally convenient they are. you can fax, photocopy, buy concert tickets (and other tickets), buy groceries, baked products, charge your phone card, buy hot food
5. the low rates of crime and high levels of trust in this country
6. the annoying way japanese people speak and make sounds when thinking and hesitating
7. the cheap cheap curry
8. getting warm towels before dinner wherever you go
9. automatically getting water when in a restaurant
10. the amazing timing of the trains
11. being able to talk about people loudly when they're sitting right beside me
12. the mountains
13. seeing such beautifully new things all the time
14. my friends here
15. going out until 6:00 in the morning...like i would ever do that at home...
16. beer and vodka coolers in vending machines...passion fruit chu hi
17. club flatt and hot staff (which says a lot since i've only been to hot staff once)
18. my monday kinders...Nene, Kanna, Souta, Asumi, and especially little Yuuji
...
i think this list will only continue to grow...which is so crazy to say seeing as i of course miss so much from home. i guess that's just the way things work...
Tuesday, November 21, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Hey, I know it's probably weird that I comment in here because I'm ...here in and new in Japan too.
But I just wanted to tell you a story about how one time, I was on the train, and a level 3 student from Gak was sitting right next to me, but I had only taught her once and she didn't seem interested in saying hi or anything. So yeah, sometimes people can understand what you're saying, so be careful!!
Post a Comment