For all my people who enjoy and still actually eat at McDonald's...here is my opinion.
Most of you have probably seen Super Size Me. I saw it a while back and of course was thoroughly grossed out. I couldn't even finish watching the movie. And of course I immediately had a new outlook on McDonald's.
Lately I have been cutting down on my meat consumption. I just simply think eating some meats...like red meat, beef, sandwich meat, and all cured meats... is gross. I don't know why exactly, I just feel like the texture is seeming more and more alive to me. Everytime I take a bite I think about how I'm actually eating the muscle of an animal. Now that does seem weird for me, seeing as I don't enjoy animals much (and therefore shouldn't mind that they're dead). This applies to mainly domestic and farm animals (well lets just say I'm picky about the animals I can tolerate). It's not so much the fact that an animal is dying as it is simply weird for me to eat something that was once alive. Now, my hypocrisy continues on because I will periodically eat chicken and pepperoni on pizza and the odd fish as long as it doesn't taste fishy. Whatever I feel like.
Anyway, all that being said, today I have decided that I will never eat a piece of meat from McDonald's again. Of course it's debatable as to whether what they sell really is meat, and that was a big factor in this decision, but there are other reasons.
It all started when I found a coupon in my parents coupon book for McDonald's. My good and brilliant friend from high school, Sara Chirico, (who is taken by the way...) was picking me up today to chill and take a walk downtown. So I thought it would be perfect if we grabbed a bite at the Golden Arches and scored a free meal with the coupon. Unfortunately they stopped serving breakfast, so we both got a quarter pounder with cheese. That was the mistake of the day.
After taking a few bites Sara says, and I quote: "what is this...they have gone downhill" I completely agreed with her. Afterwards she and I both felt like there was a lump of crap rotting in our stomachs, and we quickly vowed to not eat meat there again.
Luckily they have other things on the menu, a few of which I quite enjoy. These include: the fruit and yogurt parfait and the baked apple pie.
Anyway, for those of you who are still reading, let me know of any good items you have discovered on the McDonald's menu. It would be nice to have your opinions.
Don't forget to stay fit and have fun...
Wednesday, May 04, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
10 comments:
If you haven't already...read "Fast Food Nation". It is full of shock that is not evident in "Super size me". This should be recommended reading material for children.
I am with you meg, parfait and the apple pies...that's it really
Hey gorgeous!
I used to agree with the parfait...but as of late I won't even eat that! Let me explain why.
Last time I bought one it had possibly a cm of yogurt on the bottom, it was crammed with completely frozen strawberries, and then had about another cm of yoturd drizzled on top...DEFinately not my idea of a parfait. Zehrs has won my parfait gold medal. They know how to do it up...check it out if you haven't already!
Love you much,
Hann
ok...and by "yoturd", about 6 lines down in my post, I mean yogurt...obviously ;)
hann
Hey... Hold on a second. So what you're trying to say is.... She's taken? It took you 9 paragraphs just to say that Sara is taken. Gosh!
FYI: I really like McD's breakfasts and crave them once a month, or so. But I feel sick after eating them, usually. Mmmmm... Sausage 'n egg McMuffin.
I gotta say I am a fan of the hot fudge sundae and cookies that come in the shape of the mcdonalds characters...if there is something wrong with these selections please don't ruin it as I am potentially the pickest eater EVER
I totally know that you mean meg...could be because you get gas too right? :)
I ate 3 cheeseburgers on friday and promtly puked them up about an hour later. The last three times I went there, I was sick. Wendy's is where it's at, people. Bacon.
Um, Nathan why is your name James? I was like: who's James, and then I saw a pic of you and Rose. Anyway, Wendy's IS where it's at, bring it on.
Manda: yep, I get gas too.
I didn't mean me...I meant you:P
Post a Comment