On Christmas Day I had to work. That was a first for me, but I liked it because all of my friends had to work too and also I didn't want to be at home just missing family and wallowing...
It was a great day at the branch. We had a lot of no shows and TONS of food that students or other teachers or the staff brought in. Way too much chocolate.
My friend Mike finished work at 2 or something and went home to start cooking a dinner for a few of us teachers. My friend Mark and I finished work at 6:30 so we took the train to Mike's place. Mike and his girlfriend Gillian and Darcy were waiting at Mike and Gillian's apartment for us. I brought the Christmas Cake, Mark brought the wine, Darcy made the mashed potatoes and this amazing dip stuff and Gillian and Mike made the stuffing and veggies. We picked up KFC along the way.
I'm still yet to get pics from this night, I let Gillian take most of them. But I will get them soon.
Anyway, we ate dinner and then listened to Stuart McLean tell the story 'Christmas with Rasheeda and Ahmeer.' Boy that brought me back home and made me miss having a White Christmas with the family. But honestly, I wouldn't have wanted to spend my Christmas anywhere else this year...we all really had a great time. It's so great to have such good friends here to rely on when there's no family around. :)
Merry Christmas!!
Monday, January 08, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Well Meg, I'm sure you've heard, but we definitely did not have a white Christmas here at home. Literally, the flowers are popping up it's been so warm. We're wondering if we're going to have winter at all this year...
Post a Comment