Friday, December 02, 2005

29 reasons as to why I hate my job - UPDATED

1. I can not wrap pieces of bundt cake in saran wrap while still making them look pretty.
2. I severely despise cutting squares.
3. There is no possible way for a person to close the café to the standard held without being there for 1 hour after the shift has ended.
4. I can't wrap anything in saran wrap because the shape of our dispenser is so awkward.
5. I hate waiting for a cab for half an hour at 1:30 am.
6. I hate seeing drunk people doing stupid things at work, such as asking people to take their shirts off, or stealing cakes, or starting fights, or even walking through the cafe with their beer in hand.
7. I hate seeing drunk people on the streets stumbling, peeing, swearing, fighting, pushing others in shopping carts, or making out after my shift.
8. I don't like more than half the people I ever get scheduled with.
9. I hate closing with all my heart and I do it every shift.
10. I hate seeing the guy I went on a single date (mistakenly) with walk past the café a million times during my shift wondering if I want to go to phils. (p.s. I would/will NEVER go to phils.)
11. I hate wanting to do everything wrong so I might get fired.
12. I hate wearing boring black and not actually being allowed to spice it up.
13. I really hate sweeping, because if I were to actually do it up to par it would take me probably 2 hours.
14. I hate getting ice because it's really scary and incredibly dirty in the basement.
15. I hate getting stock because it makes you sweat when carrying everything and sonia is mean.
16. I hate getting lunches/breakfasts from the kitchens because the kitchen guys intimidate me and quite frankly can be rude. One time I asked one if my breakfast was ready and he said: "we're not rocket scientists"...what the heck does that even mean?!!
17. I hate going to work and being in the most negative environment where no one wants to be there or actually really care about what they're doing.
18. I hate how when I work with someone who has been there for longer than me I immediately feel like I can't do anything right and need to ask them about things that I already know.
19. I work beside a strip joint.
20. It doesn't feel good to get burned by hot water.
21. I hate filling up paper take-away cups with boiling hot water for tea.
22. I hate 'backward filling' the juice bottles in the fridge because it requires you to take out like 10 glass bottles to put in 2. This has to be done for like 10 rows. : (
23. I actually don't like being yelled at for everything I do.
24. I hate how customers sometimes think I'm completely stupid simply because I wasn't really trained, never mind properly.
25. I hate how I didn't get paid for my THREE training shifts.
26. I hate how I had to pay $42 for my STUPID 'Café 1842' apron. What a rip off.
27. I hate making bagels with cream cheese and smoked salmon. The salmon is so disgusting to touch and it's really greasy and the smell doesn't leave my hands for at least 25 minutes.

28. I hate when my cab finally comes and I have to shout out: "I'm NEXT, THIS IS MY CAB" while running at it because there is always a gianormous line-up of people waiting, and most of them are drunk so they don't know what the heck is going on anyway. The first time I got a cab I actually had a yelling match with a guy who tried to tell me he was waiting longer. His girlfriend jumped in my cab and started freaking out.
29. I don't really desire to be threatened by my co-worker. Gotta love it when you ask something of her and she doesn't do it, then later says: if you say anything like that to me again, I WILL BEAT YOU. No word of a lie.

1 comment:

Meagan said...

Meggie, I don't like that you work in a place like that! SHINE YOUR LIGHT GIRL!! God will protect you...you are WAY more important than the birds of the air and he takes care of them. LOVE YOU miss you!!
I'll see you SO So so soon.