I have recently realized just how much of an introvert I actually am. I mean, I knew that I was shy as a child and growing up I didn't really have siblings around to share my time with. I remember the day my oldest sister moved out in grade 4, and then the next one did the same in grade 7. They say, and I believe, that a child grows up as an only child if their siblings are more than 6 years older/younger than them. Mine are 9 and 11 years older.
These days though I am realizing how much I need and desire to just be alone and do my own thing. You would think I would have really realized this at camp the past two summers. I definitely did then, especially with sharing a room with other people and being around the same people 24/7. But this year with moving out and living with friends, I'm seeing it even more. I think perhaps because I'm very busy with school and work, and I hardly get down time. (Being at camp you would think I was equally busy, but for the record that was not the case either summer).
I just thought I would share that with all my readers/friends/family.
Tuesday, October 18, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Well Meg, I'd have to agree with you about your introvertness, if I could. However, I doubt your childhood had too much to do with it... I'm from a family of 4 kids, all within 6 years of my age.
I do also think that being an introvert doesn't necessarily mean that you desire aloneness. I think that introverts can hate being alone, and extroverts can enjoy alone time. I suppose it depends on your definition.
And as life changes, so does personality... You just might find that as your life becomes less busy, you will long for the partying and endless hanging out that you avoid right now.
Post a Comment