So last saturday night I went to the U2 concert with Rose, Nathan, and friend Art. Let me just say it was a completely insurpassable experience. Here are a few highlights.
We got to Toronto around 4:00 and took the subway in from Royal York to Osgoode. We then went to the famous crepery where I had a spinach and feta crepe, which was freakishly good. We then shared a dessert crepe full of chocolate ice cream and bananas. Mmmmmmm.
We then got to the show and saw a bit of Dashboard, which was alright. I will be sure to note though that the lead singer was singing while chewing gum which was quite distracting.
Then I got a shirt, because being at a concert you MUST get a shirt, especially when it's as special as this.
Since we were at the closing show, it was completely packed, not a seat free in the whole ACC. The special guest was Eddie Vedder of Pearl Jam. He sang Old Man River with Bono which was put a smile on everyones face (I bet). Man, I just love his voice, it's second to none. They did 2 encores and ended with Yahweh and then 40. I couldn't have asked for anything better.
There will be pics to come as soon as I figure out how to post them again.
Friday, September 23, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Picasa my dear.\
LOVE YOU
So great to see you on saturday!
Justin wants pictures!
Oh yeah, I remember that concert. It was cool. Let's do it again sometime, like when U2 comes back into town. I mean, that'll be like in 5 years when we all have careers and maybe even kids and Art will be a doctor and stuff. But all the more reason to blow all that money we'll be making on t-shirts. Bono is the coolest guy on earth, and the Edge is the coolest guy from outer space.
Post a Comment